Health Connections of the Upper Valley
has spaces available
for the June 2014 CBHM!
Health Connections is calling on runners of the Covered Bridges Half Marathon to help us raise funds needed to support our outreach programs aimed at reducing the risk of chronic disease in the Upper Valley caused by smoking and obesity. Though our beloved Upper Valley is beautiful, an ugly reality behind the scenes is that 19% of adults smoke and nearly 40% of children are exposed to second-hand smoke—primarily because they live with a smoker. We work with communities to:
· Ensure access to affordable and healthy foods,
- Encourage opportunities for physical activity,
- Establish smoke-free outdoor spaces that limit the exposure to secondhand smoke,
- Help adults overcome their addiction to nicotine, and
- Educate youth so they never initiate tobacco use or misuse prescription drugs and alcohol.
It’s a big job, but you can make a big difference! Your fundraising will be used directly to support Health Connections’ outreach initiatives, and you can finish the Covered Bridges Half Marathon knowing that your efforts will help produce a new generation of healthy Upper Valley residents. Maybe some future runners! We are asking runners to raise a minimum of $435. As a thank you for supporting Health Connections, we will pay your $85 registration fee. Each runner will also receive:
1. A very cool and lightweight Team Health Connections running hat;
2. Transportation of “your stuff” from the race start to the finish;
3. A 10-minute post-race massage; and
4. An emailed team picture.
Great prizes will also be given to the top three fundraisers!
Download our 2014 CBHM Registration form and fill it out.
Email it to Cathy Hazlett, our Executive Director, cathymyhealthconnectionsorg (cathymyhealthconnectionsorg)
Or send the registration form to Health Connections, PO Box 4, North Pomfret VT 05053.
Cathy will email you instructions to set up your own fundraising page through Firstgiving.
If you have questions, email Cathy or call her at (802) 457-4780.